Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The economy

Well, the US Presidential election is just around the corner and debates from the Republicans versus the Democrats are in the air. I still don't know who to vote for since our economy right now is in such a big mess!
I can't believe that Washington Mutual's (where I work) were the 2nd largest failure in banking history after the Depression??? Holy Moly! That's how bad the economy right now! Thank God JP Morgan Chase bought us or else I will be joining the huge number of uneployed in the country as of now.
I wonder if it'll be better next year. Some people are still speculating that this recession that has been going on will still continue next year.
I never thought that the US government will spend that much money to bail out the ailing stock market.

I've been learning so much these past weeks regarding stock markets, investments, and more stuff about money. At least working here at the bank makes me knowledgeable about the current situation in the market.

I know some friends of mine struggling to fight the repossesion of their homes. Can you believe that? That's how bad it is...

I now finally understand why we didn't get the house two years ago coz we might go through the same problem as my friends' are right now.

I'm just hoping for the best and hopefully to get more raise! LOL

No comments: